Ivor Gurney Sites
- ivor.gurney.net – The Ivor Gurney Society’s US sister site
- ivorgurney.blogspot.com – a research blog charting Philip Lancaster work on Gurney
- www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/ww1lit/collections/gurney – a collection of digitised Gurney manuscripts – poems and letters from the war, taken from the Gloucester archive – on Oxford University’s First World War Poetry Digital Archive
- The Edward Thomas Fellowship
A group devoted to the work of this poet, who was hugely important for Gurney
- The FW Harvey Society
A recently formed society devoted to the work of Gurney’s boyhood friend, and fellow Gloucestershire poet, F.W. Harvey
- Friends of the Dymock Poets
devoted to the work of the six poets who met around Dymock, Gloucestershire, in 1914: Abercrombie, Brooke, Drinkwater, Frost, Gibson, and Thomas, many of whom were influential upon Gurney, although he was only to meet Gibson
- The Housman Society
Housman’s poetry was a great influence upon Gurney, from his formative years, through the settings in his most important song cycles, to the companionship he found in Housman’s poetry at the very end of his life.
- The War Poets Association
Music and Composers
- The English Music Festival The country’s leading English music festival that is devoted to programming neglected and less familiar repertoire
- The Vaughan Williams Society
Vaughan Williams was a formative influence on Gurney, taught Gurney following the war, and helped oversee Gurney’s affairs from 1922
- The Stanford Society
A society devoted to this remarkable teacher and composer, with whom Gurney studied at the Royal College of Music
- Finzi Friends
Finzi was a key figure in the promotion of Gurney’s music and poetry, although the two composers never met.
Other Composer Societies
- The Arthur Bliss Society
- The Delius Society
- The Armstrong Gibbs Society
- Gustav Holst
- The Herbert Howells Trust
- The British Music Society
A society which, as the name suggests, promotes all British music, publishing a large quarterly newsletter and annual journal.
- Carcanet Press
The publishers of several volumes of Gurney’s poetry and letters.